|Posted by Benissa Rachelle Chery on June 4, 2010 at 9:31 AM|
“The Time to Shine Is now”
1) Good evening brothers and sisters. Leglize Bonsoir, Mwen pa tande nous (Leglize Bonsoir).
2) Are you excited to be here this evening in the presence of God? If you are let me hear you say (Amen 2x) I am glad to be here tonight and I am ready to rejoice with you to give God the glory He deserves. Because Psalm 118 verses 24 says” this is the day that the Lord has made, let us REJOICE and be GLAD IN IT. Your presence in this place tonight pleases him and you could be assured that you won’t leave here tonight without his blessings.
3) So let’s open our hearts to the Lord this evening. Mem jan Parole Bondye a di nou pou nou renmen Bondye ak tout ke nou, ak tout Nan’m nou, ak tout fos nou, ak tout panse nou. An rejoui nan non Bondye aswe a, paske Bondye Merite tout gloire sa yo.
4) The theme to the sermon for this evening is “The Time to Shine is now”. Can everyone please say it together? In Matthew 5 verses 14-16 it says,
14. “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.” 15. “Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand and it gives light to all who are in the house.” 16. “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven.”
Let’s bow our heads for a short prayer.
Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be here this evening. As we all came here to hear your words, or better YET to receive a lamp unto our feet, and a light unto our paths. Enlighten me so that we all can receive that light, and let it shine wherever we are. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen!
5) The world we live in today is filled with temptation, filled with changes and sinners in darkness. Ecclesiastes said there is nothing new under the sun. All the things that are happening now happened before. But I believe there’s a difference, the people back then had more respect for God than today. And the reason the people don’t respect God anymore is because we are living in the end of time and Jesus Christ will be coming very soon. In the middle of all these problems, all these temptations. The Bible tells us, especially the ones sitting here today that we are the light of the world. And Jesus counts on us to go out and preach the Gospel to the unknown believers.
7) Map bay nou yon example: an HAITI nou gen ti lamp gas yo. Le nou mete yon couverture sou lamp sa. Ki sa lumier la komanse fe? Li komanse ettaine. It is the same for us Christians. If we don’t share the word of God that’s within us, then the name of the Lord will NOT be glorified as it says in verse 16.
Cause Sometimes the Lord speaks to us but we don’t LISTEN!!! And sometimes we are called to do something for the Lord and we become afraid because we don’t give God first place in our heart. But Matthew 10 verse 19 clarifies that we should not be afraid of our mission. For at the very hour GOD will give us the right words to say.
10) Brothers and sisters when God speaks to us let it be known to others, because by sharing the words not only the others will get closer to God but you will receive many blessings from him. And don’t forget in order to go to Heaven we got to have stars on our crowns, and each star represent a soul that you brought to Jesus Christ. Amen! 11) In every moment of history, we usually see how God calls upon the youth to a mission, because the youths are the light for the next generation. We can see that through David, Joseph and little Samuel for example. David was the man of courage he let God work through him and he bravely faced the giant name Goliath in the moment of tribulations. Joseph was a man of dreams; God gave him the power to understand dreams. And little Samuel was the man of Faith, even though he couldn’t see the Lord, but he understood that it was God working through him. Young people we all have purposes in this world. Let us humble our hearts and allow the master to work with us so that others can see how great our God is. 12) Ellen G. White wrote in the book, Message to Young People, “God calls for young men with hearts uncorrupted, strong and brave, and determined to fight manfully in the struggle before them, that they may glorify God, and bless humanity.” 13) Nou besoin pou nou fe lumiere nou an brye chak jou nan lavie nou. Fok parole nou mache ak action noun an Bondye. 14) Le nou fe tout bagay jan Bondye vle nou fe’l la nou fe Coeur Bondye kontan. Men le nou pa fe tout sa nou dwe fe an volonte Bondye. Nou fe Bondye ronte de nou. Et nou pa kite limye Bondye-an brye nan vie nou. Cause (Actions speak louder than words.) 15) In these last days people don’t want to hear about Jesus, they want to see Jesus through your actions. The best sermon you can preach is through your lifestyle.That’s why Jesus said “You are the light of the world.” 16) And when the end of time comes. It’s going to be a time when the unrighteous are going to blame the Christians for all that’s happening. It’s going to be a time where there’s going to be yelling and cries from every nation. 17) Look at what has happened on January 12, 2010. A massive Earthquake of 7.3 hit Haiti at the time of 5:00 p.m on Tuesday afternoon. Many people lost their lives, many of us still haven’t heard any news from our families back home. But look at us, we are still going strong, we are still powerful, But is that the key to get to Heaven? 18) A lot of people in Haiti were coming from work that evening at 5:00 p.m when that earthquake hit. Others were on their ways to pick up their children from school that evening when that earthquake struck. Some were in the markets buying groceries for their homes when that earthquake occurred. Most importantly, some had plans for tomorrow but they never got the chance to experience it. But us we were at work, school, church and homes and we were safe under God’s protection. Tell me brothers and sisters isn’t that a blessing from God? 19) It is not that we are better than them, or the Lord loves us more but it’s because God decided to give us another chance, and give us a moment to shine. We need to start being a light to the world, and not only to ourselves. A light to others and not only to the Christians. A light to the sinners and not only the faithful ones. 20) It’s time for us to stop doing internal evangelism and get out there and let the light of our End Time Message shine. Cause Revelation tells us that when the end of time comes, there will be more earthquakes, more cries, sorrows, pain and rejections. Our light need to shine within our hearts first, because we won’t get judge by the Lord Jesus Christ by what we think or do, but by what’s in our hearts. -Yon moune kap mache nan lumiere, problem grangou, problem assurance, problem timoune, problem kay pa ka detounen nou ver Bondye.Fok nou pran on h’abitude pou nou mete jenou ate pou nou prye poun ka gen victoire sou satan.paske, se nou ki klere l’egliz yo, se nou ki klere vie nou, se nou Bondye choizi poun klere monde la. Poukisa nou kite satan tante nou. L’en nan move position sa yo pa jam pedu foi ou. Rele Jesus pi fos, rele pou’l secour et li ap toujou ede’w. Amen!
22) So today if your heart is not right. I would advise you to accept Jesus Christ this moment. Let him cleansed your heart, Let him touch your heart, Let him fix your heart, Let him test your heart and when he has finish cleaning your heart bring a friend to him. Somebody here needs to say like David, Search me, oh God and know my heart; try me and know my thoughts. And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. With this word I would like to invite one of the young people to join me on stage please… 23) It is the same way with God; he tends to help you with any problems you have. With God on your side your light will shine all the time. 24) And so, as I take my seat I strongly encourage you to let your light shine RIGHT NOW. So let your light shine, in your neighborhood, at your school, in your jobs, at home, in your plans, in your business, in your life, most importantly young people let your light shine in your heart. Because the time to shine is not when your family tells you to, not when your friends, boyfriends, and girlfriends tells you to. It’s when you decide to accept Jesus Christ spiritually and fully. Don’t let anyone tell you that you cannot be a Christian, you cannot go to church, and you cannot be a child of God. But let me tell you something you are a child of God, you were created in his own imagine. Tell those people “Get thee behind me Satan” for I know you have no control over me. And I know that our God is merciful and kind and he has shown us that our time to shine was not yesterday, is not tomorrow, not later, not this evening, not in 10 or 20 years when we’re old and gray. But our time to shine, I repeat our time to shine is NOW.