|Posted by Benissa Rachelle Chery on June 16, 2010 at 7:19 PM||comments (0)|
“My Story for his Glory”2009
Good eveningchurch, legliz bonsoir. Aren’t you glad that you are in the presence of Godtonight? Brothers and sisters in the name of Jesus I salute you all with ajoyful welcome. It is great to be here tonight not only to listen about theglory of God, but to learn about his glory in my life. The title for thisevening is MY STORY FOR HIS GLORY mon istoir pour sa gloire. To tell you thetruth coming here tonight to let you hear the word of God wasn’t something Iwanted to do, but I felt like I needed too, I feel like God is leading me herenot only to talk to his children about him but to let them learn and know themiracles of his great work. This scripture is found in PSALM 19 VERSE 2 it says“THE HEAVENS DECLARE THE GLORY OF GOD AND THE FIRMAMENT SHEWETH HIS HANDYWORK.”Before we began let’s bow our heads for a short prayer. LORD HEAVENLY FATHER IAM ASKING YOU FOR YOUR BLESSING TOWARD ME AND EVERYONE HERE I HOPE EVERYTHING ISAY DOESN’T COME STRAIGHT FROM ME BUT FROM YOU LORD IN THE NAME OF JESUS I PRAYAMEN!
Many peoplehave not notice that God is the truth. Some of them think if we serve God weshould not have any difficulties. Well as a teenager I was dealing with manydifficulties and crisis in my life and I didn’t know how to solve them. I wasfearing everyone around me and I wouldn’t let anyone talk to me about Godwithout getting angry. Like many people have said and continue saying like“WHERE IS GOD? WHERE IS THE ALMIGHTY CREATOR? WHY IS HE LETTING US SUFFER? IFHE IS SO POWERFUL AS THEY SAY HOW COME NO MIRACLES ARE OCCURING IN MY LIFE?Well friends I had the same thoughts too. I was starting to forget who God wasI was forgetting what great miracles God had done in my life.
As a teen Iwas dealing with peer-pressure and confusion. Instead of turning to Jesus I waswalking away from him. But deep inside my heart I just knew that God was alwaysby me, and guiding me. But at the same time I was afraid that Satan would notstop tempting me and I became weaker and weaker within each day. There’s onething I know Satan do is HE BLINDS THE EYES TO NOT SEE THE TRUTH, HE BLINDS THEMIND TO NOT THINK, HE MAKES YOU DO WHAT HE IS WILLING FOR YOU TO DO, HECONTROLS YOU AND MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE OF BEING A CHILD OFGOD. Well friends I was in the middle of his temptation.
I was aloneand I felt betrayed. I felt betrayed by my friends, even by my own families,but brothers and sisters I WASN’T BETRAYED BY GOD. He was there calling my nameand pulling me closer to him, he pulled me so close that on that one Fridaynight at church I remember I got the courage to stand up and sing FOR HISGLORY. I felt powerful, and I told myself THE DEVIL WILL NOT AFFECT ME ANYMORE,THE DEVIL CANNOT CONTROL ME ANYMORE, because I AM A CHILD OF GOD, AND I AMPROUD.
Everyone wassurprised to see me getting p and singing for the glory of God, because Iwouldn’t come to church, nor understand what the preacher was talking about. Iwas lost and confused. But on that day I felt a grace and joy and I began toworship God more than ever. But the devil saw my weakness, and attacked thattarget, and he stood p tall and said, “YOU ARE NOT LEAVING HERE WITHOUT AFIGHT” Well friends I began to panic, and began disobeying God commandmentsagain. Just like Moses, even though he had disobeyed God commands, even thoughhe would not enter the paradise, but God loved him, and he loves me, and heloves you too.
Members lookinside your heart and search for God, he is just one step away to catch you andto hold you. Anpil moun di “SI SE MWEN MEM KI KENBE BONDIE MAP LAGEL, MEN SI SEBONDIE KI KENBEM MAP SOVE.” FRERE ET SOEUR MWEN TE PEDI TOUT COURAGE MWEN POUMTE ADORE BONDIE. PASKE SENTESPRI BONDIE TE ET KATEM, ET FOI MWEN TE VREMAN FEB.Even though you are on the edge of wrong, just remember that God is always onestep in front of you trying to stop you from falling. He loves you, and he iswilling to make sure that each of his children are safe.
JOHN 3 VERSE16 SAYS, “FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE (HIS ONE AND ONLY SON 2x) THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIMSHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.” How many of you church members that are here tonight would like to haveeverlasting life with God? Please raise your hands? I know I would and soshould you, because having everlasting life with God is one of the greatestgifts that can be given to a human being. And when we work together and followGod’s commandments we know we can defeat the devil. Cause HEBREW 10 VERSE 25says, “LET US NOT GIVE UP MEETING TOGETHER, BUT LET US ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER.”
Satan wasstill holding me, and pressuring me to do the wrong; I grab hold of Jesus, justlike peter, when he was sinking in the water that shows that he was weak. Jesusheld out his hand, and save him, and he has save me, and he could save each oneof you today too if you believe in him.
You can tellwhen a Christian don’t have faith in God, how weak they become. Anpil nan noumem ki chita la aswe a, specialment jeune yo. You might be in the samesituation as me, and you don’t know where to turn, but if you turn to Jesusyour life will never be the same. Tonight I would like to invite you to Jesusso he can show you the way, just like he has done for me.
As I look upto the sky, I heard a voice say to me, WHERE IS YOUR FAITH? I backed down; Ididn’t understand what was happening until I remember the story of Jesus andhis disciples crossing the ocean. There were a storm and the disciples began topanic, they had no faith. The disciples woke up Jesus and said, “MASTER WE ARESINKING” Jesus asked them in MATTHEW 8 VERSE 26 “WHY ARE YOU SCARED? WHERE ISYOUR FAITH?” Then he got up and faced the winds and the sea and there were agreat calm. And the men were amazed and said in MATTHEW 8 VERSE 27 “WHAT SORTOF PERSON IS THIS? EVEN THE WINDS AND THE SEA OBEY HIM?”
This storycame to my mind, and I began to cry, I felt down on both knees and wept like ababy. I shouted out loud and said, “LORD I NEED A SIGN” Just as soon as I saidthat my phone ranged and my best friend called me and said, “ARE YOU GOING TOCHURCH?” Brothers and sisters I was amazed to see my prayers answered in lessthan five minutes (not 1 or 5 but less than 5 minute). Isn’t that a grace fromGod? So I got my bible and went to church, because I knew that God had a planfor me and I was just about to find out. When I got to church one of my churchmembers came to me and said, “NO MATTER HOW TOUGH LIFE GETS, NO MATTER HOWWORRIED YOU ARE JUST LOOK UP TO THE SKY AND CRY OUT HIS NAME” I knew rightthere a miracle was going to happen in my life.
LE OU QUENAN BONDIE OU GEN LA FOI, PA GEN ANKAN OBSTAK KI KA KANPE DEVANN OU, PA GENENYEN KI KA SEPAREW AVEK BONDIE. RELE JESUS LE OU NAN SOUFRANCE ET TOUTDIFFICULTE ET LAP TOUJOUR EDEW.
What weshould know here brothers and sisters is that whatever the Lord says is, “YESAND AMEB.” No doubt about his commands for he only knows where we will be safe,and have peace. Cause GOD IS OUR REDEEMER.
I was alonein this world but God was always by me. I was blessed and brought in God’spresence and I am proud. Now I am here to help you and share with you myexperience of God’s glory. Every time I pray to God this song comes in to mymind and it goes like this.
Song- lem tefin jwen li lavie mwen te chanje li pram an moso li fem vin tout antye gras ali mwen kapab di mwen sove. Li pram an moso li fem vinn tout antye.
Le ou quenan Jesus, ou gen la fois nan li pa gen anyen (2x) ki pi douse pase la gloirede Dieu. Que Dieu vous benis.
|Posted by Benissa Rachelle Chery on June 4, 2010 at 9:31 AM||comments (0)|
“The Time to Shine Is now”
1) Good evening brothers and sisters. Leglize Bonsoir, Mwen pa tande nous (Leglize Bonsoir).
2) Are you excited to be here this evening in the presence of God? If you are let me hear you say (Amen 2x) I am glad to be here tonight and I am ready to rejoice with you to give God the glory He deserves. Because Psalm 118 verses 24 says” this is the day that the Lord has made, let us REJOICE and be GLAD IN IT. Your presence in this place tonight pleases him and you could be assured that you won’t leave here tonight without his blessings.
3) So let’s open our hearts to the Lord this evening. Mem jan Parole Bondye a di nou pou nou renmen Bondye ak tout ke nou, ak tout Nan’m nou, ak tout fos nou, ak tout panse nou. An rejoui nan non Bondye aswe a, paske Bondye Merite tout gloire sa yo.
4) The theme to the sermon for this evening is “The Time to Shine is now”. Can everyone please say it together? In Matthew 5 verses 14-16 it says,
14. “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.” 15. “Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand and it gives light to all who are in the house.” 16. “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven.”
Let’s bow our heads for a short prayer.
Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be here this evening. As we all came here to hear your words, or better YET to receive a lamp unto our feet, and a light unto our paths. Enlighten me so that we all can receive that light, and let it shine wherever we are. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen!
5) The world we live in today is filled with temptation, filled with changes and sinners in darkness. Ecclesiastes said there is nothing new under the sun. All the things that are happening now happened before. But I believe there’s a difference, the people back then had more respect for God than today. And the reason the people don’t respect God anymore is because we are living in the end of time and Jesus Christ will be coming very soon. In the middle of all these problems, all these temptations. The Bible tells us, especially the ones sitting here today that we are the light of the world. And Jesus counts on us to go out and preach the Gospel to the unknown believers.
7) Map bay nou yon example: an HAITI nou gen ti lamp gas yo. Le nou mete yon couverture sou lamp sa. Ki sa lumier la komanse fe? Li komanse ettaine. It is the same for us Christians. If we don’t share the word of God that’s within us, then the name of the Lord will NOT be glorified as it says in verse 16.
Cause Sometimes the Lord speaks to us but we don’t LISTEN!!! And sometimes we are called to do something for the Lord and we become afraid because we don’t give God first place in our heart. But Matthew 10 verse 19 clarifies that we should not be afraid of our mission. For at the very hour GOD will give us the right words to say.
10) Brothers and sisters when God speaks to us let it be known to others, because by sharing the words not only the others will get closer to God but you will receive many blessings from him. And don’t forget in order to go to Heaven we got to have stars on our crowns, and each star represent a soul that you brought to Jesus Christ. Amen! 11) In every moment of history, we usually see how God calls upon the youth to a mission, because the youths are the light for the next generation. We can see that through David, Joseph and little Samuel for example. David was the man of courage he let God work through him and he bravely faced the giant name Goliath in the moment of tribulations. Joseph was a man of dreams; God gave him the power to understand dreams. And little Samuel was the man of Faith, even though he couldn’t see the Lord, but he understood that it was God working through him. Young people we all have purposes in this world. Let us humble our hearts and allow the master to work with us so that others can see how great our God is. 12) Ellen G. White wrote in the book, Message to Young People, “God calls for young men with hearts uncorrupted, strong and brave, and determined to fight manfully in the struggle before them, that they may glorify God, and bless humanity.” 13) Nou besoin pou nou fe lumiere nou an brye chak jou nan lavie nou. Fok parole nou mache ak action noun an Bondye. 14) Le nou fe tout bagay jan Bondye vle nou fe’l la nou fe Coeur Bondye kontan. Men le nou pa fe tout sa nou dwe fe an volonte Bondye. Nou fe Bondye ronte de nou. Et nou pa kite limye Bondye-an brye nan vie nou. Cause (Actions speak louder than words.) 15) In these last days people don’t want to hear about Jesus, they want to see Jesus through your actions. The best sermon you can preach is through your lifestyle.That’s why Jesus said “You are the light of the world.” 16) And when the end of time comes. It’s going to be a time when the unrighteous are going to blame the Christians for all that’s happening. It’s going to be a time where there’s going to be yelling and cries from every nation. 17) Look at what has happened on January 12, 2010. A massive Earthquake of 7.3 hit Haiti at the time of 5:00 p.m on Tuesday afternoon. Many people lost their lives, many of us still haven’t heard any news from our families back home. But look at us, we are still going strong, we are still powerful, But is that the key to get to Heaven? 18) A lot of people in Haiti were coming from work that evening at 5:00 p.m when that earthquake hit. Others were on their ways to pick up their children from school that evening when that earthquake struck. Some were in the markets buying groceries for their homes when that earthquake occurred. Most importantly, some had plans for tomorrow but they never got the chance to experience it. But us we were at work, school, church and homes and we were safe under God’s protection. Tell me brothers and sisters isn’t that a blessing from God? 19) It is not that we are better than them, or the Lord loves us more but it’s because God decided to give us another chance, and give us a moment to shine. We need to start being a light to the world, and not only to ourselves. A light to others and not only to the Christians. A light to the sinners and not only the faithful ones. 20) It’s time for us to stop doing internal evangelism and get out there and let the light of our End Time Message shine. Cause Revelation tells us that when the end of time comes, there will be more earthquakes, more cries, sorrows, pain and rejections. Our light need to shine within our hearts first, because we won’t get judge by the Lord Jesus Christ by what we think or do, but by what’s in our hearts. -Yon moune kap mache nan lumiere, problem grangou, problem assurance, problem timoune, problem kay pa ka detounen nou ver Bondye.Fok nou pran on h’abitude pou nou mete jenou ate pou nou prye poun ka gen victoire sou satan.paske, se nou ki klere l’egliz yo, se nou ki klere vie nou, se nou Bondye choizi poun klere monde la. Poukisa nou kite satan tante nou. L’en nan move position sa yo pa jam pedu foi ou. Rele Jesus pi fos, rele pou’l secour et li ap toujou ede’w. Amen!
22) So today if your heart is not right. I would advise you to accept Jesus Christ this moment. Let him cleansed your heart, Let him touch your heart, Let him fix your heart, Let him test your heart and when he has finish cleaning your heart bring a friend to him. Somebody here needs to say like David, Search me, oh God and know my heart; try me and know my thoughts. And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. With this word I would like to invite one of the young people to join me on stage please… 23) It is the same way with God; he tends to help you with any problems you have. With God on your side your light will shine all the time. 24) And so, as I take my seat I strongly encourage you to let your light shine RIGHT NOW. So let your light shine, in your neighborhood, at your school, in your jobs, at home, in your plans, in your business, in your life, most importantly young people let your light shine in your heart. Because the time to shine is not when your family tells you to, not when your friends, boyfriends, and girlfriends tells you to. It’s when you decide to accept Jesus Christ spiritually and fully. Don’t let anyone tell you that you cannot be a Christian, you cannot go to church, and you cannot be a child of God. But let me tell you something you are a child of God, you were created in his own imagine. Tell those people “Get thee behind me Satan” for I know you have no control over me. And I know that our God is merciful and kind and he has shown us that our time to shine was not yesterday, is not tomorrow, not later, not this evening, not in 10 or 20 years when we’re old and gray. But our time to shine, I repeat our time to shine is NOW.